Recruitment Packets were due on April 13. We are not accepting recruitment packets any longer for the upcoming 2021-2022 Recruitment. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Shreveport Bossier Panhellenic Alumnae Board is a volunteer organization. The Board provides a service to facilitate your information to the universities on your behalf. We hope this process will be helpful and provide a positive recruitment experience. Please read all of the information below prior to sending your packet to ensure your packet is completed and received!
DROP OFF LOCATION: 403 Briarwood Drive, Shreveport, LA, 71106
MAILING LOCATION: 112 Waters Edge Drive, Shreveport, LA, 71106
Packets should be SIMPLY paperclipped and include for each sorority: Recruitment form, resume, two pictures. Please do not use embellished or bedazzled paperclips. Packets not in this format will not be accepted and will be returned to the individual. No individual folders, clear dividers or envelopes!
Download, print, and fill out the Recruitment Form
Download, Print, and Fill out the Recruitment Information Form.
Information Needed to Complete the Form:
- Class rank, ACT and/or SAT scores.
- List of ALL sororities at your university. Check your university website for list.
- The SB Panhellenic Alumnae Board does not have a representative for all NPC sororities. The board is only able to write recommendations to the sororities represented on our board so include a packet for each of those sororities, plus one for the board’s records.
- Not all sororities can write recommendation letters for women they do not personally know. This is now handled on an individual sorority basis as of 2021. We highly recommend you still reach out to friends, church members, and other members of the community for personally written recommendations.
Create a resume
Create resume by downloading and using Sample Resume as an example.
Information Needed to Complete the Resume:
- GPA, class rank, ACT and/or SAT scores, Parent(s) Greek affiliation.
- Relatives in Greek Organizations, High School Honors, Activities, Employment.
- If using a different resume template be sure all the required information from our sample resume is included.
- Limit to ONE PAGE.
Provide photographs to include in your packets
Provide 2 photographs for each resume.
- Photos can be wallet size up to 4″ x 6″.
- Write name on back of each photo.
- Professional photos are NOT required.
- Photographs you choose to include in your packet should be recent photos. One full length and one close-up are preferable. These do not need to be formal photographs; an informal snapshot will work.
- Photos need to be submitted on photo quality paper. Campus sorority members will use these pictures to identify you at recruitment.
Compile Packets to send/drop off
Compile Information Packets
Include an information packet for each Panhellenic chapter represented on your campus plus one. EACH packet will include:
- A printed Recruitment Information Form (explained above).
- A printed copy of your resume (please see sample resume).
- Two Photos (explained above).
Please only submit complete packets. Incomplete packets will not be used or returned.
What will the Shreveport Bossier Alumnae Panhellenic do?
The Shreveport Bossier Panhellenic Board distributes the packets to the sorority alumnae represented on our board. Most likely, they will notify you when your recommendation has been written and mailed. You may receive an email and/or postcard informing you of this. If you do not receive notification by July 15, 2021 from each of the alumnae that represent the sororities at your university, you may contact them by email and inquire about your recommendation
Register for Recruitment at your University
In order to participate in your university’s recruitment process, YOU MUST REGISTER WITH YOUR UNIVERSITY. Please refer to their Panhellenic website for more information. The Shreveport-Bossier Alumnae Panhellenic organization will not register for you.
What if I’m undecided on my college choice?
If your college choice is undecided do not mail your packets. If you make your decision after April 13, 2021, it will be your responsibility to contact each Panhellenic representative for the sororities at your university and make arrangements to deliver your packet to them. See Board Members for Sorority Alumnae Representatives.
What if my college has spring recruitment instead of fall?
If your college sorority recruitment is in the spring instead of fall (Tulane, Baylor, SMU) please mail your info.
Things to Remember/Important Notes
- It is always a nice touch for you to write a short note or send an email thanking the alumna for their effort.
- Never decline a recommendation. If an additional alumna offers to write second recommendation, that is just fine. Have additional photos and copies of your resume and applications on hand in case these are needed.
- The Shreveport-Bossier Panhellenic provides one recommendation only for each sorority at your university. If you wish to obtain additional letters of recommendation you must secure those on your own.
IMPORTANT: The Shreveport Bossier Alumnae Panhellenic does not write sorority recommendation letters but distributes the Recruitment Information Form to the sorority alumnae represented on our board. The sorority alumnae will have the responsibility to have a recommendation sent to the sorority at the girl’s college of choice. You will be notified when the form is sent. The sorority alumnae provide one recommendation only for each sorority at your university. If you wish to obtain additional letters of recommendation you must secure those on your own. If there is a sorority at the college that is not represented on the alumnae board, you are responsible for obtaining a recommendation for that sorority. See a list of sororities represented on the Shreveport/Bossier Panhellenic Board.
I have questions. Who can I contact?
Questions regarding the information packet?
Contact: Rishea at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email subject line reference Recruitment.
For more information about Panhellenic recruitment and the role of the Shreveport-Bossier Alumnae Panhellenic, please refer to the FAQ page, and thesororitylife.com. Go Greek!